Largo Land Use Attorneys

Gibbs and Haller have 60 years of combined experience working with property owners and developers on matters involving land use and zoning. The firm also represents property owners, developers, community organizations and neighborhood associations before Town Boards, Planning Boards and Zoning Boards of Appeal. The firm assists clients in a wide range of matters such as:
  • Special use permits
  • Area variances
  • Use variances
  • Building permits
  • Environmental permits
  • Subdivision approvals
  • Water district extensions
  • Sewer district extensions
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Environmental regulations

Gibbs and Haller have handled issues under various state and federal environmental laws.  With their prior government service and membership on local planning and zoning boards, the firm’s attorneys have backgrounds that prove valuable in their representation of clients.

Land use litigation

Real property, due to its intrinsic value and the fact that it is subject to governmental regulation, is often the subject of disputes. These disputes have multiplied over time as the nation’s population has grown, and this will continue to be the case as property becomes more scarce and developmental and regulatory pressures increase.

Smart legal assistance

The firm’s attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced lawyers who advise individuals and municipalities about the legal aspects of land use development and regulation. If you are currently involved in a land use matter, contact Gibbs and Haller for assistance with:

  • Zoning and rezoning requests
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Flood plain issues
  • Involuntary and voluntary annexations
  • Conditional use permits
  • Special use permits
  • Mixed-use projects
  • Subdivision plats
  • Administrative appeals
  • Variances
  • Annexation appeals
  • Setbacks
  • Boundary disputes
  • Zoning and subdivision ordinances
  • Appearances before local public bodies and appeals of their decisions
  • Quasi-judicial hearings

Gibbs and Haller will assist and represent you if you have to appear before a planning board or a board of commissioners to present your land use development application. If you have variance issues or are making an administrative appeal, you should have legal representation when appearing before a board of adjustment. You may also want the assistance of the firm’s attorneys in seeking approval of preliminary and final subdivision plats and rezoning requests.

Concerning forced annexation, Gibbs and Haller have represented individual landowners across the state, successfully suing their respective cities and towns to stop properties from being annexed.

Whatever the land use dispute, Gibbs and Haller have dealt with it and the firm has often represented and argued both sides of the issue.

Contact a Maryland law firm today

Call Gibbs and Haller today at 301-306-0033 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.